Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kleptomaniac


       There are very different kinds of Thievery. From petty theft to cat burglary, and everything in between. But the thief that intrigues me most is the Kleptomaniac. They have no choice but to steal. It is compulsive, unplanned, and unexpected burglary. They are born with Sticky Fingers. It is in their very nature. But I have the notion that we are all Kleptomaniacs. Every Life that we touch, we steal a piece of it. Every childhood friend, every teenage crush, every first love, every family member close or distant, every person that we have ever come in contact with is embedded in our minds somewhere. Each conflict in our lives has knocked off some of the rough edges and made us who we are today. I believe that we all have a closet shoved full of the mental bobbles and knickknacks that we have stolen from the persons of import in our lives. So the question is: what do you have in that closet? Skeletons or memories? Hate or Love? It might be time for some Spring Cleanings. Or, maybe we need a little nostalgia to keep us down to earth. I am the sum of my experiences. I am a Kleptomaniac.

No comments:

Post a Comment