Total Pageviews

Monday, April 23, 2012

Lost At Sea




















I have stared past these waves so long that my Heart set sail.
Failure is imminent, my Mind warned, but to no avail
He shoved off anyway

And I watched as my Heart turned the corner of the earth,
Slipping past the horizon like falling off a table, but I thank the High Heavens that the earth is not flat.

If we could travel by simply folding the map, my Mind and I would search the deep blue for that life giving, Blood pumping muscle, but it doesnt work like that.
So I sat and I waited, but day turned to evening, and evening to night. The Great Light passed by six times, but still so sight of return.

Meanwhile, my Heart shipwrecked on your sandy shores, and yes this Ship is a Wreck, but feast your eyes on my Feelings and not my Faults. I may be dying, but I Love you.

I am tethered to my hopes, but whether they are an anchor, or a ball and chain (dragging down me into the chilly depths) remains to be seen. I am cold, so I shrug into my straight, white jacket and admit that: I am insane.

But even the crazies have their scraps of Truth, and even the daydreams and absurdities are based in reality.

Though my Mind is disinterested, I rock red-eyed on the shore searching for the sails of the ship of my Heart on his maiden voyage home maiden because despite leaving many times, he never came back. I hold out, or up, or onto hope because its frightening to let go, to lack, and never look back. My Heart is out there somewhere, anywhere?

As the Sun dawns on the seventh day over blood a red flood, I realize that I cannot realize my dream. My Heart, though he knows not, is free. Free to run, roam, race, break, beat, burst, fall, fail, fade . . . Free.

Lost
                  At
                                    Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment