Total Pageviews

Friday, April 20, 2012

To the Ones That Have Gone Before


I have always wanted to give a toast. You may laugh, but it is a dream of mine. I love the wording, and I have a lot to say. But if I could give a speech right now, a toast at a formal party or wherever, it would go something like this: To those that have gone before. I thank you for your wisdom. I praise you for your bravery, and I am humbled by your experience. We are never alone in this life, no matter how convinced we are that the opposite is true. Of all the trials in our lives, someone has gone before, felt what we are feeling, and saw what we are seeing. But the beautiful thing is that they have also seen what we have yet to see. So here is to the parents, and teachers, and mentors, and shepherds. Here is to the ones that have gone before.


Photo: http://greenpathguide.com/wpcontent/uploads/2010/12/Green_Path1.png


No comments:

Post a Comment