Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

Murderous Intent


http://cf0.8tracks.us/mix_covers/000/306/520/95290.original.jpg

It is near impossible to forgive a murderer. How can we pardon manslaughter? It would be unjust not to punish these criminals, but judgment should be left to the judge. It is not my job to condemn a murderer to death because I must remember that I am capable of the same sin. I have the ability to kill, no matter how much I think that I would never hurt another human, I do have that capability. It is not impossible for me to commit an aggressive action. But we always have a choice. We may feel as if our hands are tied and our hands are forced, but this is far from the truth. Sometimes we will suffer as much for inaction as for action, but there is still a choice, a line drawn in the sand. That line can stay uncrossed, but once we step over, we can rarely scramble back. There is a nature inside me that is a monster, it is this part that could steal, kill, and destroy. But there is a savior that saved me from this monster, a savior who killed the beast the moment I let him in. But I have the power to resurrect the hideous thing. I can breathe life back into it with the simplest, selfish decisions. But I will not give in. I refuse to.

No comments:

Post a Comment